Re: Different roots for each process possible?

> What about non-hurd-aware setuid/setgid programs which trust the
> authenticity of their config file based on its location within the
> filesystem?
[...]
> Am I missing something?

Yes.  You missed where I mentioned that setuid/setgid execs (called "secure
execs" in Hurd parlance) revert to the global root directory port.  (Some
other ports that are ordinarily just inherited from the parent process also
get reset to secure values by a secure exec.)