Re: Is dpkg still broken wrt versioned depends/provides ...

In 17 Jan 2001 17:22:27 +0100 Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> cum veritate scripsit :

> Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in newer dpkg versions (mine is
> 1.7.2)?
>
> Is this even strictly a bug in dpkg? All I know is that it's really
> fscking up the hurd port.

Last I asked about this subject (with regard to tetex packages' dependencies
being badly broken), the code to handle versioned provides/depends
is not included in the current dpkg available.

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp