Re: cross-install problem (still)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 08:11:35PM +0100, Stefan Ott wrote:
> warning, `temp_build/dpkg/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field
> `Origin'
> warning, `temp_build/dpkg/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field
> `Bugs'
> dpkg-deb: ignoring 2 warnings about the control file(s)
>   perl-5.005-base provides perl5-base but is unpacked but not
> configured.
>   hurd provides login but is unpacked but not configured.
>   perl-5.005-base provides perl5-base but is unpacked but not
> configured.
>
> INSTALLATION ABORTED because of unknown errors. Partial installation
> is NOT usable. Correct the error and start from scratch.
>
> i found a mail in the list archive reporting this problem, but no
> solution. has anyone experienced the same? is there a known solution?

 I had the same problem, but since I'm a coward, I chose to install the
 `big giant tarball' rather than complain.. See the `easy guide' at
 http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd for information about where to get it
 and how to install it etc..
   Of course, this is no solution, but if you want a working hurd system
 fast, this is the way to go..

--
Michiel Buddingh' (m.w.j.buddingh@student.tue.nl)