Re: List of Development tools for the Hurd?

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 01:52:27PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> "Dimitry Andric" <dim@xs4all.nl> writes:
>
> > On 2000/07/20 at 22:39 Farid Hajji wrote:
> >
> > >It's somewhat
> > >frustrating having to fetch one .deb after the other, just to
> > >find out, that there are still more dependencies :-( A nice little
> > >script with wget's would be enough.
> >
> > Why don't you just use dselect, then you can select all packages you
> > want, and it will automatically sort out the dependencies for you.
> > After that, it can download everything in one fell swoop, and install
> > it. No need to do that manually... :)
> >
> > I'll agree that dselect's user interface might be made more friendly,
> > but it works like a charm.
> >
> I think the problem is that many of us would need PPP for that :-/...

I have the same problem, but recently I found that "apt-zip" package in
potato. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be the solution: Just select
the packages you want in dselect, but instead of installing them directly,
create a script that fetches the packages. Now that script can be called
either from another machine or after a reboot to Linux.

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!