Re: /home/user/var

Doesn't look like that would make the files any easier to handle. The first
idea was to clean up the home-directory. Now that translator just adds even
more file names. In my experience, having one piece of information
accessible in two different places may be useful, but it always adds a
little bit to confusion. (That's a danger of translators in general, I
think.)

With symbolic links, you usually can make out where the file is originated.
With dozens of different translators spread throughout the filesystem, it
may become a major task to get an idea of the filesystem layout on a system.

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!