sysvinit

Hi.

Having installed the Hurd, I was trying to install some random
packages.  Some of them Require the sysvinit package, but
browsing through the ftp archive didn't turn up any such package,
nor is it listed in the Packages file.  Is there a reason it's
non-existant?

On a completely unrelated note:  I'm dumb and can't seem to get my
network connection up under Hurd.  My ethernet card is detected at
startup and I ran the

settrans /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet --interface=eth0

like the install instructions said.  I assume, then, that I need
some sort of DHCP client to reach the network.  Are there any
that work under the Hurd?

Carson

--
http://starflare.org