Re: Viewing postscript files with 'gs' and 'gv'

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 09:32:01PM +0100, Martin Stenzel wrote:
> It did not need a lot of changes to make it build.
> Now, having this fancy package on my disk, where to put it?

We don't need the binaries, we need the source changes!!! :)

When you have the original sources in foo and the new in foo-new, you
create a context diff with

diff -ru foo foo-new

> I am not a programmer and do not feel that I am able to be a maintainer.

If this is the only reason, please apply. You don't need to be a programmer
to compile, upload or even maintain packages. From what I see you have done
(compiling pakcages on your own, fixing bugs), you can be a Debian maintainer.
You can pick up what you need to know along the way.

> Is there another chance to make 'gv' (among other packages, there is lyx,
> amaya and gnupg, too)
> available to the public? (at their own risk ;)?

If you don't have write access to a ftp server, register yourself as a
sourceforge developer (sourceforge.net). Send me the username and I will add
you as a developer of the hurd project. YOu can then use sourceforge to
upload your files.

GNU can give you an account as well, and maybe this would make them fixing
the permissions of the ftp directories :), if you want to upload the files to
alpha.gnu.org. However, I can't do this, you'd have to write to gnu@gnu.org
(or whatever).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de