Compiling PostgreSQL and System V IPC

I tried to build PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Hurd. The build failed ultimately
because the System V IPC functions aren't supported on Hurd. I'd like to
know where I could find information on the level of support in Hurd for UNIX
system calls. I read somewhere that Hurd is POSIX compliant but to what
level ? Does it implement the POSIX IPC mechanisms ?

I would also appreciate any tips of emulating System V IPC or providing
equivalent functionality so that I could make PostgreSQL work.

Thanks
Dibyendu