Re: Require help ... need to start somewhere...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 06:01:23PM +0530, Siva Subramanian. V wrote:
> I have worked on linux to an extent ... though I have not much
> experience with coding ... I new to the area of programming ... I need
> info as to where I can start ... I,am theoretically familiar with
> concepts like data structures, Networking ... but I,am not creative
> enough to do some coding... I need help as to how do I start ? (I just
> happened to install hurd and haven't done much on it...) I want to do
> some sort of coding... I need pointers  to some small, but good projects
>
> that will get me started.

Now there is a great effort to port Debian GNU/Linux packages to GNU/Hurd.
So get whatever packages you want from Debian GNU/Linux and try to compile
them on Hurd.  The most often error in packages is that they fix the maximal
length of path name.  Search in the mailing list how to handle that.
Developing Debian packages is described in www.debian.org.  There is a link
to mailing list archives too (search debian-hurd).

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""