Re: Long story, might be interesting :)

> > Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x54
>
> Does not look like it it is set to Type 83: Linux.
> Report the results.  Do not forget the version of grub that you are
> using.  If it less than .56.1 then upgrade.

It *is* set to type 83. The whole problem is that grub thinks it's set to
83. I remember I had the same problems with a very old version of lilo. I
don't know how I fixed it though.

> > Where can I find a recent install guide ?
>
> I gave you link to a list of links in the last email; there is at least
> one there (I have not looked at the easy guide lately).  However, try
> http://walfield.org/papers/hurd-installation-guide

This one looks quite promising, thanks.

> BTW, when quoting emails please try to be a bit cleaner: 72 columns is
normal.
> Thanks.

When playing with GRUB to get Hurd booting in The Right Way(tm) (thus using
the gnumach.gz/serverboot.gz from the IDE partition), I accidentally killed
my Windows bootloader.
And because I'm an outlook user, I couldn't reply to your email, without
making use of the Horde/IMP online webmailclient. That apparently messed
things a little up. I'm sorry.

Thanks,
Robin