Re: libnss-2 problems?

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 12:03:48PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   Erk.  I just realized that aptitude on the Hurd will have a dangling
> reference to apt.  Should I be overly concerned about this?

Not at all: An apt package is available at alpha.gnu.org, and I think the
next version of apt will compile on the Hurd just nicely (if no new
icompatibilities are introduced), so this will be resolved rather soon.

We can't avoid dangling dependencies as long as we have no X packages in the
archive anyway. As long as there is hope that the reference will be
satisfied, that's okay (IMHO, I think the packaging/policy manual disagrees,
but what the hell).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de