Re: Yet another X report + question

Marcus Brinkmann a écrit :

> The Hurd does not support ld.so.conf nor ld.so.cache. The official way to
> fix this is to use rpath, something that is frowned upon by Debian
> officially (lintian checks for rpath), although the policy or packaging
> manual doesn't mention rpath.
>
> So, we are in a situation where the hurdish correct fix conflicts with
> Debian practice. As all Debian packages are set up to remove rpath if
> provided, (and changing all packages to support both ways is a lot of work),
> and there exists a work around, I am not going to force a solution to this
> problem any time near.
>
> And if you are wise and want to avoid a lot of trouble and heated
> discussion, you don't bring this topic up on debian-devel, unless your
> asbestos underwear is functional :)
>
> (And don't ask me why rpath is officially disapproved. Check the mailing
> list archive for long discussions about it).

Waow, I had not idea the situation was so complicated ! I guess I'm just gonna
investigate rpath and avoid getting flamed unecessarily :-)

> > Also about the installation :
> > I've set the timezone as Europe/Paris in tzconfig, and I get a two hours too late
> > system date !
>
> Is your system clock set to Universal Standard Time or to localtime?
> If it is localtime, that's not supported currently.

localtime.

> > Anybody has any idea why I get this ? And if it's a bug, where should
> > I report it ?
>
> The lack of support for system time being local is a bug in the Hurd.
> You should file a bug against the Hurd package.

Got it ; will do that

David Coquil
Laboratoire d'Ingenierie des Systemes d'Information
Bat 502 - Departement Informatique
Tel : +33(0)4 72 43 83 92 Fax : +33 (0) 4 72 43 87 13
E-Mail : dcoquil@lisi.insa-lyon.fr