Re: Installation CD

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 12:24:51AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> The Installation CD builds nicely, both versions, non-US and non non-US.

Cool.

> The images have turned out to be small, 200+ MB.  Debian CD is fussy about
> what it includes and the exclusion list is quite extensive.

Does it exclude uninstallable packages?

Maybe adding the packages from alpha.gnu.org helps? (There's X, and apt)

> I am using the latest tarball and include grub-boot-19990907.bin, is there
> any reason to change these?

If the latest tarball is 20000925, that's okay.

The grub-boot though is utterly out of date.

Check out

alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-boot-0.5.93.1.image

please.

> I am assuming that the images need to be politically correct, ie not
> include non-free.  Correct me if I am wrong.

There isn't much in Hurd non-free anyway. Nobody works on it (I certainly
don't).