Re: Format of HURD Progamming HOWTO/Tutorial

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 01:04:28 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
"Daniel E. Baumann" <baumannd@msoe.edu>  said:
> How easy would it be to write it in Latex (well actaully LyX) and then
> convert to html then convert to texinfo. Has anyone ever done this and what
> are the discrepencies of doing so.

That approach involves a whole lot of "impedance" as it involves
transformation into a rather low quality format, namely HTML.

I would suggest that there are two reasonable choices:
a) Texinfo, which is the FSF-preferred format, and
b) DocBook, which is the preferred format for quite a number of
   Linux-related projects, and for which there is a direct-to-Texinfo
   transformation tool.

Both are transformable into a number of useful formats, and are
sufficiently expressive in and of themselves that the results should
be reasonably good.
--
cbbrowne@acm.org - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html>
"La Cicciolina [...]  Electing her was an interesting  contrast to the