Re: a newbie question

Hi,

> Actually, my problem is getting HURD booting atm.  Using the tarball install,
> and following the easy guide instructions verbatim (I'm using /dev/hdb1,
> just as in the guide),  gnumach seems to boot fine, but hangs immediately
> after "FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077".

It sounds like mach is passing control to serverboot which is then
choking hard on the partition.  Several questions:  are you sure that it
is the right partition? and, Are you sure that you have the latest
versions of everything specifically the tarball).

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield
University of Massachusetts at Lowell