Re: new tar file, please test!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:40:42AM +0200, Michele Dalla Silvestra wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 08:41:08PM -0500, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > > apt 0.3.19.0 is missing, and bsdutils have wrong dependencies.
> >
> > apt is not included by default.  You must get it from alpha.gnu.org.
>
> Debian GNU/Hurd without apt is not very Debian... :-)

Bullshit.

> Since 15 months Debian GNU/Linux include apt by default...

Yes. And if everyone would have helped to port it and fix the remaining
problems, we would have had it earlier, too.

In fact, it is due to Brent Fulghams and Rolands effort that it was so
easy to get it working now. But the fact is that it doesn't build from the
current official source last time I checked, and it requires an libc and two apt
fixes to get it working, so I can't upload it to ftp.debian.org.

The tar file will only be made from ftp.debian.org packages, so it will
inherit all bgs in the repository. This will help to not make them
forgotten.

> > The bsdutils on alpha.gnu.org should have been fixed. Of course,
> > I am not sure of which dependencies you are referring to; can you be more
> > verbose?
>
> I've installed from gnu-20000913.tgz, and it contain bsdutils 4.4.1.1 (I
> think from ftp.debian.org/.../sid/main). bsdutils 4.4.1.1 depend on
> sysvinit (>= 2.59-2).

Yes. Because the situation with util-linux is even worse. It's utterly
broken for us.