Re: busybox under the Hurd

Neal H Walfield wrote:

> > I had to make a few small changes and then everything else compiles, but
> > i have not tested the functionality.
> >
> > Busybox could possible be used to make Hurd rescue floppy(s), i dont
> > know enough about the Hurd boot procedure yet though.
>
> Great! I am sure that will be very helpful.  First up, however, is fdisk.  If
> you are interested in that project, just ask.  However, you may want to play
> with the translator concept a bit first.
>
> -Neal
>
> --
> Neal H Walfield
> University of Massachusetts at Lowell
> neal@walfield.org or nwalfiel@cs.uml.edu

That does interest me for a few reasons, busybox itself doesnt have a
small fdisk program so it also needs one, it used to use sfdisk but
aparently that has problems.

Recently i have looked at libfdisk, it looks to be well written, and it
might be used by the next debian installer as well. I have no idea how
it goes under the Hurd, but in a previous email Marcus said he had also
looked it, so maybe it is the way to go.

The trouble with programming open source is that there are so many
worthy projects...

Glenn