Re: [Bug-hurd] Re: Ethernet card detection bug in wd_probe (was Re: Problem solved!)

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 10:06:11AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 06:22:03PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > Kernel debugging is a bit boring, sorry.
>
> Any recent luck with plex86?  I know that they have Linux working in a
> slightly hacked mode - Kevin mentioned on the list that when he gets back
> he anticipates Linux and Windows running under it correctly to happen soon.

It doesn't crash with gnumach, but gnumach isn't too happy either: I never
got it to print out anything.

I didn't pursue this further. There is probably something weird going on
with loading the kernel, or initializing the registers. Some x86 geek should
take a look into it.

Yes, I mean you, with the blue jeans and the tshirt :)

(www.plex86.org)