Re: Problem solved!

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 12:02:44AM +0200, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:
> If crosscompoling is as easy as this, you should mention this is
> the Easy Guide!

That's the result of a lot of people works (Gordon Matzigkeit, Santiago da
Vila ...). :)

> [If the above example actually works ;-)]

It will work for gnumach, hurd and glibc at least. Other sources may or may
not.

> : Simple and direct examples
> like this is what you need in the Easy Guide, if you want users like
> me.

Users like you should never feel the need for cross compilation!!!

You should be able to install and run the Hurd following the easy guide
without problems. When you feel the need to cross compile your own version,
we did something wrong, and you should mail us with a bug report, so we can
fix the problem. Everyone bending over and spending their time on tool chain
issues will not carry us very far :)

> That is people that will never do any coding on the hurd, but will
> compile programs on the hurd and maybe report a few bugs.

Go, Tom :)