Re: A new install guide

Julio Merino writes:
 > On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 10:32:17AM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:

 > Sure. But the "official" documentation system of GNU is texinfo, I think.

Indeed. But I don't know that, and learning it is kindof a low
priority. I will change to texinfo at some point, but unless someone
actually can't read the easy guide as-is, it'll remain less important
to me than trying to keep it up-to-date

 > You could add to it how to replace LILO with GRUB in the
 > harddisk. Novice users could like to be able to boot Hurd from the
 > harddisk instead of needing a boot floppy. Also GRUB is more pretty
 > than LILO (for me).

I've never done this, so if anyone has some tips (I'd rather not write
such a section 'blind'), please mail me, and I'll add a new section.

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Rapun.sel - outermost outpost of the Pick Empire
http://www.pick.ucam.org