State of ppp

Hello
      I would like to know the present status of ppp support into the GNU/Hurd
system. I read the documents at the following links.

http://lyonfyre.net/hurd/
http://lyonfyre.net/hurd/discussions.html

What exactly does pfinet do? I am coming from the Un*x(monolithic) world and is
still in the process of reading the docs available in the web. I would like to
network with those working in this effort of making ppp possible with GNU/Hurd.

--
Ramakrishnan.M
"The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one