apt-get really works

Hi,
> > Plus, the architecture issue...
>
> I got my changes into dpkg CVS, and apt archtable says it is mirrored from
> dpkg, so we have a good chance :)

You are correct, that did not work, however, my latest hack works
wonderfully...  After configure runs, change the ARCHITECTURE= line
in include/config.h from:

ARCHITECTURE=i386

ARCHITECTURE=hurd-i386

> > Once the msync hack is added, apt will compile but give it a try.
> > You may see the same problems I did.  Good luck :-)
>
> Mmmh. I don't have a network here, but local files work. So I will upload :)

# apt-get install ncftp
Unpacking ncftp (from /var/cache/apt/archives/ncftp_2%3a3.0.1-3_hurd-i386.deb)

The package that you need is here:
ftp://ftp.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/hurd/apt-hack/apt_0.3.19_hurd-i386.deb

Happy ``Hacking''
-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield