Re: Where can I find a working dpkg-ftp .deb

Ooops, a lot of typos in there, and some text just disappeard. Something
happened to my home terminal emulation. I'll try again :-)

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Ingvar Hagelund; UiO wrote:

> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 06:36:38PM +0200, Ingvar Hagelund; UiO wrote:
> > >
> > > I've seached a lot of ftp sites, and no one seems to have a working
> > > .deb for dpkg-ftp.
> >
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > What do you mean with "working"?
>
> Sorry, to be more specific: The .deb for dpkg-ftp is a dead symlink on
> all ftp mirrors I've visited.
>
> > > Without it, the cross-install script won't work.
> >
> > What do you mean with "work"?
>
> The script just stops with an error message that tells it can't find
> dpkg-ftp. - Which seems natural because the file doesn't exist.
>
> My nearest debian-hurd mirror is
> ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/disk2/ftp.debian.org/debian ,
> but I've tried several others, like the ca and us mirror.
>
> By the way, there are other dead links on several of the debian-hurd
> mirros. Should this be reported as a bug. If so, to this list, or to the
> package maintainer?
>
> Ingvar

Ingvar Hagelund             Phone: (+47) 22740512
E-mail: ingvar@unik.no      WWW: http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ingvarha
Adress: Ringshusveien 10,   N-1176  OSLO, NORWAY
Experience GNU/Linux!