Re: Makefile-ish init and ideas

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 01:36:24PM -0400, Igor Khavkine wrote:

> Yes, that's true. But we are also talking about Debian GNU/Hurd, which is a
> distribution. And one of the roles of a distribution and its packages is to
> set policy.

No. We build packages and integrate them. We don't set policies for the
upstream maintainers.

You can always raise such issues on debian-devel, or another broader Debian
list.

> Right now the official policy for the hurd package is to be built
> using make. This policy could very well change. And whether it should change
> is a relevant point for discussion.

No. This is completely off-topic, and this was the reason why I dropped the
CC to the list, which you unfortunately put back.