Re: rc

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:46:47PM +0100, Mo McKinlay wrote:
> I meant 'restart' as a stop/start - start would do an 'unpause'. That
> issue's moot now, though. A reload-config would be useful, giving us:
>  * Start
>  * Stop
>  * Restart
>  * Reload

This looks good. Debian has an even finer distinction:

          cause the configuration of the service to be reloaded without
          actually stopping and restarting the service,

          cause the configuration to be reloaded if the service supports
          this, otherwise restart the service.
However, we can always indentify your "reload" with Debian's "force-reload"
and ignore this difference.