Re: Debian GNU/Hurd 0.3 -> 1.0

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> When it is ready. Note that GNU/Hurd 0.3 will appear independently and
> probably sooner. The Debian release number is coupled to the Linux release.

And it is the authors who decide when it is ready, but they to do
so, they must have a goal to measure their work up agains.  Where can I
find that goal?

> > What needs to be done before Debian GNU/Hurd 1.0 ships?
>
> About ten times as much as already has happened.

Are someone even thinking about it?  Long-term goals etc., strategic
planning.  I know it might sound a bit business/management like, but
atleast I think that planning is a big part of a project this big.  Some
planning is bound to have been done, but I can't find any information
about it.

> You see, I try to avoid to answer your questions. You will not squeeze
> anything out me :) But if you want to make it happen, get the Hurd, gdb, and
> start to debug. With every bug recognized and fixed, we come closer to a
> release of GNU/Hurd 0.3

Hehe.  I have already downloaded everything I need; just waiting for
Debian 2.2 and I'm of doing Hurd work.  :)