Re: Sharing swap with FreeBSD

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 06:46:56PM -0700, R Joseph Wright wrote:
> There is a howto that tells how Linux and FreeBSD can share swap:
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/Linux+FreeBSD.html
> I want to do this with the Hurd.  I know the Hurd supports ufs, but does it
> recognize BSD disklabels?

GNU Mach should be able to read disklabels.

About the swap partitions: Neither BSD nor the Hurd needs a special format,
so you can just add the BSD swap partition to /etc/fstab on your Hurd.

The Hurd can also recognize and honour a Linux swap signature, but it is not
necessary. There are no relevant size limits either.

In short, in this respect BSD and GNU Mach/Hurd are very similar :)