Re: ppp

George A. Dowding wrote:

> I am interested in working on ppp for hurd.  I am curious as to what
> progress has been made in that direction, and if anyone is activly
> working on it right now?
>
> I have a freshly installed hurd and a modem.
> --
> Thanks,
> George

Hello,

Would like to join your team if that is the way it is going.  I have had a
little look at UNIX pppd and BSD pppd; both need a lot of work.

Also there is the little matter of designing the translater.  I read somewhere
that the experts have some thoughts as to how it should be done, but cannot find
details.

I have a years mail from the Hurd groups; and though many people have started
work on this; nobody has published any results.

Chris