Re: ppp

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 06:15:45PM -0800, George A. Dowding wrote:
> I am interested in working on ppp for hurd.  I am curious as to what
> progress has been made in that direction, and if anyone is actively
> working on it right now?
>
> I have a freshly installed hurd and a modem.
> --
> Thanks,
> George
>
> dowdingg@math.uaa.alaska.edu
> http://www.math.uaa.alaska.edu/~dowdingg
>

> --

I plan on working on ppp for the Hurd. Next quarter (Fall) I am taking
a directed study to meet a course elective (for B.S. Computer Engineering
at Milwaukee School of Engineering, MSOE). I plan on porting pppd as the
final project.

If anyone gets to it sooner then I guess I will have to do something else.
I haven't yet had the time to do a back up and then create a partition
to even install the Hurd yet, but I plan on doing that real soon. (Another
reason is I also plan on installing Debian GNU/Linux as I am running RedHat
right now). So I guess I am not at the point that I would like to be at so
if anyone is going to start sooner maybe we can collaborate or I'll do
something else.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
Phone: (414) 462-1403
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@trio.msoe.edu
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS service, may bounce)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson