Re: How to get more developers (was: Mailing List traffic and...)

Seth Nickell wrote:

> Once I have a working X system myself (3.3.3 is not current enough to
> support one of my video cards, and system locks on the other), I'm also
> going to start on a stable complete port of GNOME. One great way to get
> publicity, BTW, is to get projects to include hurd binary debs on their
> site :-) Imagine if I am a Linux user about to download GNOME and I see
> HURD debs! It brings HURD closer to the real world in people's minds...
> "oh, I didn't know HURD could run X!..." or whatever.

This is certainly true, but what about Gnustep ? It is also a native GNU
project seeking for interest from the public, a good way to get it could
be to couple Hurd & Gnustep together. Gnustep releases grow more stable
& usable each time.

And from a certain point of view Gnome is somewhat redundant with
Gnustep
or am i mistaking myself ?

Laurent Giroud