Re: How to get more developers (was: Mailing List traffic and...)

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 08:38:44AM -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > The GNU project is tending to encourage maintainers to use GNU servers
> > instead of Bugzilla.  We have a GNATS database for most projects.
>
> There aren't nearly as good user interfaces to the above as
> bugzilla...But anyway.

I know. =)  I'm writing a new GNATS web interface for work right now.  I
don't know if I'll be able to make it available to the world or not.  I'm
hoping so, 'cause I'm putting a fair amount of effort into making it
flexible and look nice.

> > The core Hurd developers don't use this, mind you.  They tend to use the
> > Debian bug tracking system.
>
> I'm aware of this, and I think its an excellent system. I wonder if
> there would be a good way to interface this with a bugzilla interface?
> hrmn...

I've never *succesfully* used the debian bug tracking database, so I'm
not sure..

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."