Re: How to get more developers (was: Mailing List traffic and...)

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 05:31:25AM +0200, Farid Hajji wrote:
> And yes, the docs... Although things start improving now, we still need
> a lot more of tutorial-like materials. "Hello worlds" for misc. parts of
> the system may be one way to introduce newbies to the internals of Mach
> and the Hurd(-libraries). I'm thinking here especially of small dummy
> translators, dummy filesystems and other simple user-level programs.

A time ago in this list there was a link to a document -- "Introduction to
Hurd".  After a while the link broke.  But I had printed the article, and a
week ago I retype it.  So anyone that is interested in general view of
microkernels, Hurd and a comparison with Linux cat take a look at
http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/introduction-hurd.html

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""