Re: Problems with dpkg-ftp

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 02:21:43AM +0200, Peter Husen wrote:
> I just installed Debian GNU/HURD and things went just fine. Then I set
> up dselect to use ftp (using the sunsite.auc.dk mirror, as I live in
> Denmark) and selected some packages for installation. The mirror works
> fine, and I can download from it without problems using ftp on the same
> hurd-system, but when I run Install in dselect, it just hangs after
> downloading each package, as if it doesn't find out, that the download
> is complete.

Yes, this is definitely a bug. It would be useful to know which version of
the Hurd you have installed. Try "dpkg -s hurd" and look at the Version:
field. I assume it is a recent version.

If you poke closer, you will find out more funniness with pfinet. I suggest
a pfinet that dates back to 1999. I will upload one very soon and announce
on this list, stay tuned. If you don't want to wait, use the file
gnu/hurd/pfinet from the latest 1999 tar file in
alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/gnu-1999XXXX.tar.gz

If you can work on this and debug the new pfinet, even better!