Re: Macrus' sysvinit package

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 09:47:56AM -0700, Kevin Musick wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> I downloaded the sysvinit package, but when I try to install it, dpkg tells
> me my version doesn't support "Pre-depends" or something to that effect.  It
> says I should acquire a version later than 1.1.0.  My dpkg version, which is
> the one included with the latest Hurd tarball, is 1.4.3.  Any ideas?

Just FYI: By now Kevin reported that it was due to an unconfigured dpkg
package. Thanks Kevin for finding out.

To everyone: please make sure that native-install completes without error at
installation, or you are asking for trouble. (I should probably trap
interruption of the script and display a warning message).