questions on gnumach / console

Hi!

I'm new to hurd (so please excuse...)

* I'm using the GNU Mach (former BSD, former Linux ;-) aic7880 driver for
my harddisks, CDROM, MO-drive and CD-writer. As i read, this driver was
taken from Linux 2.0.36. The aic7xxx driver in 2.0.36 was very bad (for
some people). My hd's work fine ... but everything else doesn't (hundreds
of error messages until i press reset).

So i tried to compile the gnumach (gnumach-19981109) myself (with thought
in mind to do the driver-update myself) and i was successful ... until i
booted that new Kernel:

ext2fs: sd1s1: panic: main: device too small for superblock (0 bytes)

I also wondered about the partition naming during the check before
which was Linux-style ?! What is wrong?

I configured with:

./configure --enable-com --enable-floppy --enable-aic7xxx --enable-ne2000

* I've installed XFree86. The X-server works except the mouse-translator
seems to crash (my computer bought a farm). Are there any infos/sources
available for this driver? What mice are supported (i've a simple,
serial, ms-style mouse)

* The console is slow ... "stty 38400" works but i seems it slows down
again after some time :-/. Is there any color-support? The
"mach-color" - definition doesn't seem to work.
--
   Michael                  LDKnet / LDK/LUG / Unix-AG
     *Weitzel* /LinuX --- email: weitzel@ldknet.org