RE: Some Basic Hurd Questions

You're right.  I meant to say fdisk.  There were some questions apparently
on how best to obtain device-specific information.  If I remember right,
Roland was hoping to use a general method that wasn't specific to drives.

Anyway, I might be willing to work on it if I understand what needs to
happen.

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> That's wrong. fdisk doesn't work because oif this. df doesn't work because
> there is no central list of all mounted filesystems (all translators are
> filesystems), and thus only "df path" works.

> Kevin Musick wrote:
> > 5.  I remember that df doesn't work because the Hurd doesn't have access
> > to disk geometry, even though Mach will return it if asked.

Kevin Musick
kmusick@teldar.com