Re: Portablity

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 06:42:16PM +0530, Pankaj wrote:
> I'm on the list now but asking questions is not my way
> of stsrting things
> but i'm new .
> I'm running a cross compiled hurd frm my debian distb
> on a PII 32 ram
> i'm running everything except X. I want to contribute
> in poarting
> it would be very nice if any one can direct me to the
> list of apps ported and those left
> and possibly a beginer how-to on poarting on hurd .

There are some basics at

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian

but the list of packages is a bit out of date. The latest and greatest is
stored in the autobuilder web pages, but, unfortunately, it crashes from
time to time. Currently it is down, but you can try at the beginning of next
week (mo or tu):

http://fwi-hurd.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de

(I will check if I can mirror the pages to a more stable machine).