Re: Install Problem in GNU/Hurd: Stuck with Grub....

Ollosa Albert-QSG1041 <QSG1041@Manila.mot.com> writes:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, you mean "I copy gnumach and serverboot files" in
> the /boot partition from the hurd partition(which is under /gnu) where I
> untarred/ungzipped the hurd tarball?

Yes.

> Do you know where it is located in the hurd partition?

In the Hurd's /boot, which you have mounted as /gnu/boot.

> Where exactly under /boot?  Is it /boot or /boot/grub?

It's up to you.  Just give the correct directory in the "kernel"
and "module" commands so GRUB can find the files.  I myself put
them in /boot/hurd and load them with:

kernel /hurd/gnumach root=hd0s3
module /hurd/serverboot

which works because GRUB's root is (hd0,0), my boot partition.
It doesn't seem necessary to select the Hurd's partition with
"root (hd0,2)" before booting, so I don't do that.