Hurd sources distribution

a)
Are Hurd sources diffs available somewhere ?

b) Why Hurd sources hasn't been splited ?
b1)
Linux compiles in half an hour on my machine (under Linux),
and Hurd hasn't finished in 10 hours (under Hurd). I suppose Hurd
is *much* more memory-consuming (it's 16MB RAM system), or
I'm doing something very wrong (most of the time I wasn't looking, so
I don't know what was happening), but it make playing with Hurd
quite difficult.
b2)
Maximal machine power of Hurd machine is very limited.
It supports 1 processor, 1GB partitions, probably not much
of other resources (anyone has real numbers), and
compilation should be broken to parts that compiles on
maximal supported machine in very reasonable time.
b3)
It would be more clear which parts of Hurd changed recently,
if only these ones changed their version.
b4)
dpkg was invented to support many little packages,
huge, multi-functional packages aren't very compatible