Re: Reporting some bugs

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 05:24:52PM +0000, thomas poindessous wrote:
> Ok, I have found others bugs/problems:
> I tried to install a .deb from my cdrom, but I got this error:
> ~# dpkg -i lynx_2.8.2-2.deb
> dpkg-deb: fgetpos failed
> ~# fsysopt /cdrom
> /hurd/isofs --readonly --sync=5 /dev/hd2

Thanks.
Such bug reports can be directly submitted to the Debian BTS, I will do this
for now. Please check teh Debian web pages for how to do this for other bugs.

> I tried to install apache:

The apache package is very old and out of date. It was a quick hack in early
times, and needs to be done proper. If you want to help, get the Debian
source package, and work out a patch. Ask me for help with the architecture
issue in debian/rules if you come to it.

> . Now apache died because of a lack of a feature in the kernel.

You should be more specific, because what you say here makes no sense, and I
am sure you just misunderstood some entirely different error message.
Quoting as exact as possible is important in such cases (just as a tip for
the future, so we can help faster).