Re: "Small" Bug - silly question again

On 18 Mar 2000, Brian May wrote:

> I have heard (3rd hand) that ACL (access control lists) are directly
> supported by EXT2 (although user programs are still in development).

Hmm.  The latest version of EXT3 I've seen (at
ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/sct/fs/jfs/) doesn't have any ACL
support, and mainly handles filesystem journaling.  Now, journaling a
filesystem is wonderful from a reliability standpoint.  ACL's, however,
are waiting for a future release, when EXT3 probably will deviate enough
from EXT2 that they become incompatible.

--
Gregory Ade <gkade@bigbrother.net>
Find PGP public key at http://www.pgp.com (Key ID 0x63B57600)