Re: Have I messed up my Hurd

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo wrote:

> You could temporarily make [/usr]/sbin/install-info a link to
> /bin/true; then this error wouldn't occur and you could reinstall
> and then remove the package.
>
> Your /info/dir might need manual fixing after that, though.

Thanks, will try that.

> I wonder why you got this problem in the first place.  The
> install-info I have on the Hurd comes from the dpkg package and
> doesn't even contain the error message you got.  Have you
> installed some other version?

Have not installed any new dpkg package, I was trying to use dselect on a
disk partition.  Do not know what I did wrong but base-files got
corrupted.  Re installed base file, but now things are a mess.

Got a lot of dependency problems.  I like to have a full development
system, but also like TeX.  TeX clashes with makeinfo and texinfo, plus
program tsort.

Thanks for your advice

Chris