Re: "Small" Bug - silly question again

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 09:19:04AM +0000, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:
>
> > > Make a guest account default on any Debian system. Same effect.
> >
> > Just for the record: No standard unix guest account can clone the flexibility
> > of the not logged in user on the Hurd.
>
> Why is that?

Because the fourth permission set for the not logged in user is independant
from the others.

(I think you can do a lot with frobbing groups and group ownerships on unix,
but on the Hurd you can do all this and have an additional permission set :)

> And would file access lists give even more flexibility?
> (Sorry if this has already been explained and I missed it.)

Probably, although I don't know what it is. Maybe you want to implement it
as a translator (would perhaps fit into shadowfs concept).