Re: sometimes no echo from telnetd

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 04:46:14PM +0100, Mariusz Woloszyn wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > when I work on a remote Hurd box from my Linux box, sometimes
> > the echo is dropped, that means, the characters I type are not
> > echoed back to me, neither is the output of programs etc.
> >
> > In other words: I don't see what I do anymore.
> >
> > But the connection is still alive, commands I type are executed.
> > However, it never returns to its normal state.
> >
> > Has anybody seen this, too?
> >
> Yes!
>
> Sometimes it looks like this and there is no echo:
>
> emsi:~# telnet hurd
> Trying 192.168.0.237...
> Connected to hurd.
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> GNU 0.2 (hurd) (ttyp2)
>

> Use `login USER' to login, or `help' for more information.
>                                                           login>

Hi,

I get this latter problem a lot (only when I log in and usually
the first time that I log in from a term).  I break out of this
and immediately log in again and it is almost always fine.

-Neal

Neal Walfield                                              neal@walfield.org
UMass Lowell - Fox 1512                                  Phone: 978-934-5347
                                                           Fax: 603-415-3645
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken