Booting SCSI

>> From: Jim Franklin <cykick2@home.com>
>>
>> Subject: Re: Hurd on VMware ?
>>
>> Hi Cowboy,
>>   I think you may be able to solve your scsi problem if youncan get ahold of a
>> copy of grub 0.5.94.  I remember that Brent was solving a scsi prob of his own
>> over there and grub 0.5.94 did the trick.  It can't hurt to give it a go.  Use
>> bug-grub-request@gnu.org with subsribe in subject and body to subscribe and then
>> give them a good discription of the prob.

 Thanks,
 I'll at least add that list.

 I don't think a new boot loader will solve anything, though, because
 grub has no problem with the disk.

 It loads the kernel, and the kernel boots mostly, failing at the initialization
 of the WD-7000 card, then fails to run the second servers.boot script, but
 the first serverboot.gz runs fine.
 All of the kernel's attempts to find scsi devices then fails, with the same
 address 00000000 for each LUN.
 It fails to find /boot/servers.boot after executing the other, I suspect because
 the kernel can't talk to an Advansys SCSI card, even if BIOS controlled.

--
Cowboy

Make headway at work.  Continue to let things deteriorate at home.