Re: problem #1

hypofyse@hypofyse.dhs.org <hypofyse@hypofyse.dhs.org>  wrote --
> im trying to install Hurd.. but GRUB tell me 'file not found' when i do
> 'kernel=/boot/gnumach root=hd0s3 -s'
> but my hurd partition really is on /dev/hda3 and well.. according to the

As already indicated by someone else, kernel should be
/boot/gnumach.gz . But what was your first line? It should be
'root=(hd0,2)'.

To find /boot, grub first has to find /gnu. Since you didn't mention
anything about the first line, I suspect you typed in your 'root=...'
line, and got a message about an ext2 filesystem. But if you gave it
the wrong device, and that device is also of ext2 type, then it may
still be pointing to a non-hurd parition.

Just a thought,
ali