Re: hurd install

Hi,

I don't know what I was talking about last night, but whta I said is
totally unrelated to your problem.  Sorry.

-Neal

> It sounds like you are building the hurd in the same directory as
> your copy of the CVS repository.  Try building the hurd in another
> directory.  This is the `normal' way to do it (ie the tried and
> true method).
>
> -Neal
>
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 11:07:27PM -0500, Ali Ijaz Sheikh wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was trying to install hurd on my system. The problem I get is when the
> > system tries to run the servers.boot file. I get:
> >
> > Hurd server bootstrap: ext2fs.static[hd0s9] execext2fs.static
> > ../../libdiskfs/boot-start.c:416 diskfs_execboot_fsys-startup: Unexpected
> > error: No such file or directory.
> >
> > Could any one give me a pointer, about what this is about?
> >

> > Ali.
> >
> > PS.
> > (I have been running redhat since eternity - I DID get an error running
> > the cross-install script - something about a start-stop-daemon - I am
> > assuming that this is not a problem but just something minor related to
> > dpkg - right?)

Neal Walfield                                              neal@walfield.org
UMass Lowell - Fox 1512                                  Phone: 978-934-5347
                                                           Fax: 603-415-3645
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken