Booting the Hurd (Was: device string not recognized)

Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com> writes:
>
> > "Weil, Stefan 3732 EPE-24" wrote:
> > >
> > > Try
> > >     root= (hd0,1)
> > >           ^     ^
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Stefan Weil

Yes, you are correct sir.  Actually, on my system, it's
/gnu/boot/gnumach.gz.  When I un- tarred the gnu tarball onto my /gnu
directory from FreeBSD, it created another /gnu directory.  I think this
may be causing problems with the boot, because I can get as far as
entering [boot] and it gets all the way to showing my disk partitioning
scheme and then it stops and asks me for my root device.  I thought I
had already done that step.  I enter the device, and then it says
something like [cannot find /dev/hd0s1/boot/server.boot].  Aaargh!
--
R Joseph Wright

*I merely took the energy it takes to pout
and wrote some blues --Duke Ellington*