Re: umount missing ?

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 07:07:11PM +0100, Adam Sampson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 12:47:09AM +0200, Jean-Jacques Roh wrote:
> > i have installed with the big tarball and cannot found the umount command
> > [...]
>
> This would appear to be a good reason *not* to include a "mount"
> command---it encourages people not to learn about translators (and if they
> don't know about translators, they might as well be using a monolithic
> kernel).

Why would you want to force people into their luck? IMO, it would be most
important to make it as easy as possible to switch to hurd. Once you have
the people using it, those that are interested will find out about all the
goodies. Perhaps there could be a separate package that offers a whole bunch
of scripts for that purpose. I guess mount/umount is not the only point
where the fundamental differences can be hidden by a simple script.

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!