Re: Java on HURD, success

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 12:29:32AM -0500, Igor Khavkine wrote:
> I've attempted to run a Java Virtual Machine under the Hurd, i
> chose Kaffe which appeared to be the most advanced of the open
> source JVMs.

Great news, Igor!

Can you pursue this further, contact the upstream authors and make sure your
changes are integrated? There were several people interested in Java&Hurd,
so if you need help you should be able to get some. If you also CC the
Debian maintainer, we can get a Debian package of kaffee as soon as
a clean patch is available.

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>